How to Apply
Applications may be submitted online. Follow these easy steps to apply. Please be sure to include the position title and position number on your application or resume.
- Go to the online jobs application. If this is your first time using our online application, you will need to create a GovernmentJobs.com account by clicking on "Create Your Account Here" link.
- Create your Username and Password to establish your account. Choose something you can easily remember. Note: Do not let anyone else use your account.
- Click "SAVE." You are now ready to apply for any Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission job opportunity.
- Once your account has been created, you can build an application by clicking on the "Create Application" link. Your application can be used to apply for more than one job opening.
- Click on the job title you are interested in and select the "Apply" link.
- For more information, view the Applicant User Guide (PDF).
All information pertaining to employment with M-NCPPC is available in accessible formats. For more information, call 301-454-1411 [Hearing Impaired/TTY 301-454-1410].
M-NCPPC requires submission of an online application before the position's closing date, unless the position is advertised as Continuous. Continuous positions may close at any time after the required advertising commitment. Applicants must submit detailed and complete applications, as well as comprehensive answers to Supplemental Questions, to assist in determining eligibility for the position. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for the position to advance to the next recruitment stage. Resumes are optional supplemental documents, and not a substitution for the online application. We do not accept applications or resumes via hard-copy, email, or facsimile.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications before the deadline in order resolve technical problems, or unexpected occurrences. The Recruitment and Selection Services office can assist you with the steps for applying online; however, our office is unable to troubleshoot technical issues. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for guidance resetting passwords, locked accounts, or difficulty uploading attachments. If technical issues persist, please contact GovermentJobs.com's Applicant Support at 855-524-5627.
All new employees will be required to undergo a state and federal criminal history record check. Certain positions must also undergo a background check including post-offer/pre-employment alcohol and drug testing. Individuals operating vehicles requiring a Commercial Driver's License will be subject to compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation Regulations. Successful applicants must provide written authorization to release past controlled substance and alcohol test results. A certified Copy of the Applicants driving record will be required.
Drug / Alcohol & Equal Opportunity
M-NCPPC is a drug and alcohol-free work place. M-NCPPC is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from minorities, females and persons with disabilities.